What is a Voice PRI Line?
A Primary Rate Interface line (PRI) is a form of ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) line, which is a standard telecommunication phone line, that enables traditional phone lines to carry voice, data, video and others.
A Voice PRI line can receive or send 23 calls simultaneously. A PRI line is an end to end digital circuit, so the voice quality is much better than analog trunk lines.
The PRI circuit consists of two pairs of copper lines terminating on a modem from a service provider company to the customer’s office.
Advantages of PRI Lines
1. Flexibility in managing incoming and outgoing calls.
2. Direct Inward Dialling (DID) provides direct access for external callers to different employees without the need for an operator.
3. Easy transfer of outside calls to an outside number.
4. PRI lines can be used for voice connectivity, video conferencing, faxing and data transfere.
5. All of the essential features at no extra charge: Call Display, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Three-way calling and many other features
6. In addition to many other features