Mobile Email with Exchange ActiveSync
Exchange 2013 supports a comprehensive mobile experience delivered by Exchange ActiveSync:
- A truly universal inbox on your mobile device can include email, voice mail, rights-protected messages, calendar requests, RSS feeds, saved instant message conversations, and more
- Over-the-air sync on hundreds of compatible devices, keeping email, contacts, and calendar up to date on an ongoing basis
- Gives greater control over device access, with policy support and allow/block/quarantine lists, including exceptions created at individual user levels
- No need to purchase or manage a separate system or buy additional licenses for mobile access, as everything is included with Exchange 2013
Microsoft has also created the Exchange ActiveSync logo program to give customers and IT pros seamless setup, support, and use of qualified devices. More details about the program can be found on TechNet.
- Conversation View: The new Conversation View lets users easily identify the most recent messages and related responses. By treating multiple messages as a single conversation, they can be managed, ignored, moved, and deleted as a whole versus having to address each email individually.
- Free/Busy Lookup: Exchange ActiveSync lets users to look at a contact’s calendar availability.
- Nickname cache: The nickname cache provides a suggested name list as a new email address is typed, thus saving time and increasing accuracy/efficiency.
- Reply state: Users can see if they have replied to or forwarded an email, simply by checking the reply state icon next to the message (even if they replied from Outlook or Outlook Web App).
- New user interface: Advanced features are easier to use and more accessible than ever. With a new, touch-friendly interface, users can easily delete, mark as read and flag messages.